Entry to Reception 2017
Admissions Handbook - First & Primary 2017-18 (coming soon)
The online portal for primary and first school admissions will open on the 1 November 2016.
Click here for Online Admissions
The Online Admissions Portal for First and Primary Schools for Admission in September 2017 will open on Tuesday 1 November 2016 and close on Sunday 15 January 2017.
Parents of children born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013 must apply for a school place for their child to start school in September 2017.
All parents, whether resident inside or outside the school's catchment area, are required to submit a School Request Form.
Applications can be paper or online. More information is available from
- www. northumberland.gov.uk/admissions
- Nurseries, First Schools or Primary Schools
- School Admissions, County Hall, Morpeth, NE61 2EF. Telephone 01670 624889
This school serves the area of Netherton, Alnham, Ewartly Shank, Trewhitt, The Newton, Biddlestone and Burradon. Children usually transfer at the age of 9+ to Dr. Thomlinson's C of E Middle School, Rothbury and then at the age of 13+ to King Edward VI School, Morpeth.
The school premises are fully accessible to wheelchair users.
Y4 Transfer to Middle School in September 2017
The Online Admissions Portal for Middle, High and Secondary School places is open from Monday 12 September 2016 and will close on Monday 31 October 2016.
You can apply using the link below:
- The Nursery Class at Netherton Northside First School is staffed to accommodate 6 children at each session .
- The Nursery Class serves children living within the boundaries of the County of Northumberland. Priority will usually be given to those resident within the catchment area of the school.
- Children will be offered a Nursery place at the beginning of the term following their third birthday wherever possible.
- Special consideration will be given to children with Special Educational Needs following referral by Health Visitor, Social Services or other relevant professionals. All information of this kind will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.